First introduced in 1993, the HealthMate HM400 is Austin Air's flagship air cleaner and the one that provides the best overall coverage for most applications. The HealthMate combines True HEPA filtration with granular activated carbon to filter out a wide variety of contaminants including dust, pollen, dander, odors, chemical vapors and more.
360° 4-Stage Filtering System:
The Austin Air HealthMate's 360° design draws air into all sides of the air purifier, passing it through first an outer pre-filter and then a main filter that combines 3 additional stages of filtration:
STAGE 1: Large Particle PermaFilt Pre-Filter (wraps around main filter)
Cleanable re-usable prefilter traps large particles easily seen by the naked eye (dust, hair, lint, pet dander, etc) while prolonging the life of the main filter. Easy to maintain - simply vacuum clean monthly from the outside of the unit.
STAGE 2: Medium Particle Pre-Filter
Removes additional small to medium sized particles (mold spores, pollen).
STAGE 3: 15 lbs Carbon / Zeolite Blend
Activated granular carbon/zeolite adsorbs commonly found household odors, gases and chemicals.
STAGE 4: 60 sq ft Certified True HEPA filter media
This final filtration stage contains 60 sq ft of medical-grade True HEPA pleated filter material. Traps up to 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns that pass through the filter.
- Room Size: Up to 750 square feet
- Dimensions: 14.5" W x 14.5" D x 23" H.
- Weight: 46 lbs.
- Fan Speeds: 3.
- Fan Rating: Speed 1 - 75 CFM, Speed 2 - 200 CFM, Speed 3 - 400 CFM.
- Decibel Levels: Speed 1 - 39.8 dB, Speed 2 - 55 dB, Speed 3 - 64.5 dB.
- Energy Consumption: Speed 1 - 56 Watts, Speed 2 - 83 Watts, Speed 3 - 132 Watts.
- Power: 120 V / 60 Hz; 1.2 Amps, 135 Watts.
- Easy Operation - Just plug it in and turn it on! Simple manual knob control gives you a choice of 3 fan speeds.
- Easy-Roll Casters - Large built-in wheels allow you to quickly and easily roll your air purifier from room to room for cleaner air anywhere you need it.
- No costly 3-month pre-filter replacements - simply vacuum clean the pre-filter from the outside of the unit once per month.
- Steel housing with a selection of powder-coated paint colors.
- Five Year Mechanical Warranty: The HealthMate HM400 is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal residential use for five years from the date of purchase.
- Five Year Pro-Rated Filter Warranty: The Austin Air filter can last up to 5 years, but you may need to change the filter more frequently depending on usage and environmental conditions. With continuous 24/7 use, average filter life expectancy is about 2-3 years (the carbon will get fully saturated before the HEPA filter). Therefore, Austin Air offers a pro-rated filter warranty with discounted pricing available should you need to replace your filter before five years.
Manufacturer's Literature [PDF]:
Austin Air Owner's Manual
Austin Air Filter Replacement / Pro-Rated Warranty