Note: The Blueair 650E - previously available with the standard Particle filter - now comes with the upgraded SmokeStop filter at no extra charge! If you do not require gas, smoke, and odor removal, you can always change to the standard Particle filter when it is time to replace the filter.
The Blueair 650E Digital HEPASilent Air Purifier with SmokeStop Filter Kit (E Series) continuously monitors and purifies your indoor air. Just click on the remote from distances of up to 20 feet away to change operating speed or set the on/off timer. Or set your unit on auto mode and let it regulate itself. Patented HEPASilent™ filter technology removes 99.97% of all airborne contaminants that are 0.1 micron in size, such as smoke, dust, pollen, and other airborne allergens. The included SmokeStop filter provides for gas and odor control in addition to high-efficiency particle removal. Plus, the Blueair E Series 650E is Energy Star qualified, which helps save the environment, and save you money.
The Blueair 650E with SmokeStop Filter is the perfect choice for allergy sufferers and other health-conscious individuals that need high-efficiency particle removal, but also require gas and odor control. The SmokeStop filter is a progressive carbon filter with a honeycomb-type structure that improves airflow and has hundreds of odor and gas absorbing carbon pellets. The filter contains 2.0 lbs of coconut shell activated carbon impregnated with a 70/30 blend of Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) and Potassium Iodide (KI). The carbon eliminates volatile organic compounds (VOC), which are responsible for odors.
The SmokeStop filter is recommended for use in rooms where heavy gaseous pollutants such as cigarette and cigar smoke or other VOC's are present.
Combining the best of mechanical and electrostatic technologies to offer the highest quality, best performance and quietest room air purifier on the market today, the BlueAir 650E Digital Air Purifier effectively captures the smallest of particles in less time than that of other air purifiers on the market. With the quietest operation in the industry, a very energy-efficient, award-winning design and a 5 year limited warranty, the Blueair 650E Digital HEPASilent Air Purifier is simply the best choice for anyone who cares about clean, pure air.
Quietest units in the industry: Sophisticated materials and precision engineering allow the Blueair 650E to deliver more clean air at a faster rate, with less fan noise. Blueair's low-density HEPASilent™ filters clean larger volumes of air more quietly than any other unit in the industry. Even the housing is designed with quiet operation in mind, replacing sound-sonant plastic with noise-muffling steel, thus reducing fan noise.
SurroundAir: Blueair's efficient SurroundAir™ vent system delivers exceptional air exchange (over 400 cubic feet per minute) without annoying drafts (clean air is distributed out of three sides of unit).
Patented HEPASilent™ Filter Technology: A revolutionary combination of advanced filter media and an encapsulated ion particle charging chamber makes it possible for the Blueair 650E air purification system to achieve better results than either mechanical or electrostatic technology alone. Blueair's patented HEPASilent filter technology is proven effective at capturing 99.97% of the smallest 0.1 micron particles. Standard HEPA filters measure efficiency at 0.3 microns. While a typical HEPA filter removes 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns or larger, Blueair's HEPASilent filters remove 99.97% of particles as small as 0.1 microns in size on it's lowest fan speed.
How It Works:
- Air is drawn into the Blueair 650E air purifier from the bottom and sides of the unit via a four-speed fan.
- The air is passed through the pre-filter where large particles are trapped, then through the electrostatic HEPA-type filter where the small particles are trapped, and then through the ionization chamber where the air mixes with negative ions. Negative ions are then released with the clean air through the top and sides of the unit, to reduce air drafts and noise.
- The ions collide with the particles in the room air and the particles become charged. When the air cycles back through the unit, the charged particles cling to the electrostatic filter media. The combined 3-Stage filtration technologies allow the Blueair Air Purifiers to achieve 99.97% filtration efficiency, down to .01 microns. Together, the encapsulated ion chamber and 3-Stage Filtration Process combine to create Blueair's patented HEPASilent™ technology - delivering maximum airflow with less fan noise.
Easy to Use and Maintain
Plug it in, select the speed setting, and forget it. The Blueair 650E works so quietly on its lowest speed, at first you may find yourself wondering if it's turned on. Just check the bright blue power-on light. Blueair filters require no weekly additives or filter washing. The grilles and powder-coated steel exterior are easy to wipe clean, and won't pick up grime and oily stains the way plastics can. When the filter needs to be replaced (twice yearly), simply open the door and the unit automatically switches off for fast filter replacement. No tools required.
- Purifies up to a 698 square foot room
- HEPASilent technology that combines the best of mechanical and electrostatic precipitator technologies
- SurroundAir™ system - gently diffuses air through an area six times greater than the average air cleaner for less noise and fewer drafts
- Exceptional filtration - 99.97% at 0.1 microns on speed 1
- The included SmokeStop filter is recommended for use in rooms where heavy gaseous pollutants such as cigarette and cigar smoke or other VOC's are present. You can also order the standard Particle filter (see below) when it is time to replace the filter, if you do not require gas and odor removal.
- Quietest operation in the industry
- Digital display system with timer functions and electronic filter change indicator
- Remote control to set timer and speed settings
- Automatic mode - Gas and particle sensors automatically adjust the operating speed according to the actual level of airborne particles and gaseous compounds. When levels are low, the Blueair E Series runs on low speed. If one or both levels are high, the unit chooses the proper operating speed.
- Easy rolling casters
- No ozone
- 5-year limited warranty
- Energy Star Qualified
- Award-winning Swedish design
- Room size: 698 sq ft
- Size: 26" H x 20" W x 13" D
- Weight: 35 lbs.
- Fan speeds: 4, plus Auto mode
- CADR: smoke >450, dust >400, pollen >450
- ACH (Air changes per hour) assuming 8-ft ceilings: 5
- Airflow: 90-490 cfm
- Decibel levels: 32-66 dB(A)
- Energy consumption (watts): 35 to 120
- Air inlet: Bottom and Sides
- Air outlet: Top and Sides (SurrroundAir)
- Color: White