IQAir Air Purifiers: GC Series
Lasts approximately 2.5 years
Actual filter life varies depending on usage and environmental conditions.
GC MultiGas Filter Cartridge Specifications:
- Set of 4 gas phase media cartridges for control of wide range of specific chemical substances and odors (replace all 4 at the same time).
- Media: 12 lbs of granular activated carbon & alumina impregnated with potassium permanganate (260 AC/4 + IA/4).
- Weight: 13 lbs
- Filter #: F2
- Model #: 102401600
Best gas media for superior performance
The GC MultiGas is superior to other carbon-based filters due to the unique mix of gas-phase media. Starting with high quality activated bituminous-coal carbon, which is not the lower-cost, high-dust carbon from coconut shells that many others settle for. That's good news if you're allergic to coconut. IQAir uses only the highest grade, exceptionally porous bituminous coal for its activated carbon. And IQAir does not use zeolite, another less effective and less expensive filtration medium. The GC MultiGas features only the highest-quality adsorption media available. The superior activated carbon media in the GC MultiGas is blended with chemisorbers that target other volatile organic compounds in the air, including formaldehyde. IQAir activated carbon in the GC MultiGas system is complemented by pelletized aluminum oxide. The alumina pellets are impregnated with potassium permanganate, forming a powerful combination to protect you beyond activated carbon alone.
IQAir GC MultiGas Applications:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) such as Formaldehyde
- Tobacco smoke control
- Multiple chemical sensitivity
- Control of the following chemicals: Acetic acid, Acetone, Acrolein, Acrylonitrile, Benzene, 1.3 Butadiene, Butyric acid, Carbon disulfide, Chlorine dioxide, Cresol, Cyclohexanone, Diethylamine, Dimethylamine, Ethanol, Ethyl acetate, Ethyl acrylate, Ethylamine, Formaldehyde, Formic acid, Hydrogen chloride, Isoprene, Isopropanol, Methanol, Methyl acrylate, Methyl disulfide, Methyl ethyl ketone, Methyl mercaptan, Methyl sulfid, Methyl vinyl ketone, Methylamine, Nitroglycerine, Ozone, Phenol, Skatole, Styrene, Sulfur trioxide, Trichloroethylene, Tri hylamine, Trimethylamine, Vinyl chloride