Just like Austin Air's flagship air cleaner, the HealthMate Plus Junior HM250 combines medical grade True HEPA filtration with granular carbon to eliminate a wide variety of contaminants, including dust, pollen, dander, odors, chemical vapors and more. However, the granular carbon is also impregnated with potassium iodide which enables the HealthMate Plus Junior to remove additional chemicals such as formaldehyde, ammonia and other volatile organic chemicals (VOC's). This "SuperBlend" of carbon is the only difference between the HealthMate Junior and the HealthMate Plus Junior. The HealthMate Plus Junior is highly recommended for those who have chemical sensitivities, or anybody looking for additional chemical absorption.
360° Progressive Filtering System
The Austin Air HealthMate Plus Junior HM250 addresses the complete spectrum of air cleaning - removing sub-micron particles, gases, chemicals, and odors. Austin Air's 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the the HealthMate Plus, passing it through four filtration stages. The first stage is an outer pre-filter which traps large particles you can easily see such as dust, hair, lint, and pet dander. The pre-filter can be easily vacuumed clean from the outside of the unit, and prolongs the life of the main filter. The main filter combines three more filtration stages: A medium-particle pre-filter traps additional particles such as mold spores and pollen; A 6.5 lb bed of activated granular carbon/zeolite helps absorb commonly found household odors, gases, and chemicals from the air. The carbon is also impregnated with potassium iodide for additional adsorption of chemicals, including formaldehyde. The final (fourth) filter stage is a substantial 30 sq ft of certified medical-grade True HEPA filter media, which traps 99.97% of the smallest of microscopic particles down to 0.3 microns in size - particles you can't even see, including bacteria and viruses. As a result, the HealthMate Plus Junior delivers more clean air faster and more efficiently than any other air cleaner on the market.
The Austin Air Advantage:
Additional Features and Benefits:
- True HEPA filter with 30 square feet of medical-grade true HEPA media allows the filter to trap microscopic particles for up to 5 years.
- No costly 3-month pre-filter replacements - simply vacuum clean the long-lasting PERMAFILT pre-filter.
- Solid steel construction with your choice of five powder-coated paint colors is built to last without any plastic off-gassing.
- Proudly Made in the USA - manufactured by American workers in the largest air purifier factory in the world since 1993.
- Five Year Mechanical Warranty: The HM250 is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal residential use for five years from the date of purchase.
- Five Year Pro-Rated Filter Warranty: The filter has a pro-rated 5-year warranty, by far the most comprehensive in the industry.
- Perfect for smaller size rooms and can clean up to 700 square feet under perfect environmental conditions.
- Whisper-quiet operation on the low setting for peaceful sleeping.
- Saves money in the long run with long lasting filters, and an energy-saving motor made in the USA.
- Easy Operation - Simple manual knob control gives you a choice of 3 fan speeds.
- Wheels are not included but can be added by purchasing a bottom plate with wheels. You can find this item listed under accessories at the bottom of the page.
- Dimensions: 11" W x 11" D x 16.5" H.
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- Fan Speeds: 3.
- Fan Rating: Speed 1 - 50 CFM, Speed 2 - 100 CFM, Speed 3 - 200 CFM.
- Decibel Levels: Speed 1 - 39.8 dB, Speed 2 - 55 dB, Speed 3 - 64.5 dB.
- Energy Consumption: Speed 1 - 25 Watts, Speed 2 - 41 Watts, Speed 3 - 80 Watts.
- Power: 120 V / 60 Hz; 1.0 Amps, 80 Watts.
- Available in Sandstone, Black, White, Silver and Midnight Blue.