The Austin Air Allergy Machine HM405 provides identical particle removal capacity and efficiency of the HealthMate. Just like Austin Air’s flagship air cleaner, the Allergy Machine removes a wide variety of contaminants, including dust, pollen, dander, odors, chemical vapors and more. However, instead of 15 lbs of granular carbon, a lightweight military-grade carbon cloth is used to create HEGA filtration - High Efficiency Gas Absorption. The carbon cloth does not release carbon dust when air passes through it, allowing it to be placed after the True HEPA filter. This enables the carbon to be more efficient as the complete surface area is available solely for gas removal.
360° Progressive Filtering System
The Austin Air Allergy Machine addresses the complete spectrum of air cleaning - removing sub-micron particles, gases and chemicals. Austin Air's 360-degree intake system draws air into all sides of the the Allergy Machine, passing it through four filtration stages. The first stage is an outer pre-filter which traps large particles you can easily see such as dust, hair, lint, and pet dander. The pre-filter can be easily vacuumed clean from the outside of the unit, and prolongs the life of the main filter. The main filter combines three more filtration stages: A medium-particle pre-filter traps additional particles such as mold spores and pollen; a substantial 60 sq ft of certified medical-grade True HEPA filter media, which traps 99.97% of the smallest of microscopic particles down to 0.3 microns in size - particles you can't even see, including bacteria and viruses; The final (fourth) filter stage is an efficient Activated Military Carbon Cloth which removes chemicals, gasses and odors. As a result, the Austin Air Allergy Machine delivers more clean air faster and more efficiently than any other air cleaner on the market.
The Austin Air Advantage:
Additional Features and Benefits:
- True HEPA filter with 60 square feet of medical-grade true HEPA media allows the filter to trap microscopic particles for up to 5 years.
- No costly 3-month pre-filter replacements - simply vacuum clean the long-lasting PERMAFILT pre-filter.
- Solid steel construction with your choice of five powder-coated paint colors is built to last without any plastic off-gassing.
- Proudly Made in the USA - manufactured by American workers in the largest air purifier factory in the world since 1993.
- Five Year Mechanical Warranty: The HM405 is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal residential use for five years from the date of purchase.
- Five Year Pro-Rated Filter Warranty: The filter has a pro-rated 5-year warranty, by far the most comprehensive in the industry.
- Cleans a large area - up to 1500 square feet.
- Cleans most bedrooms in approximately 15 minutes.
- Whisper-quiet operation on the low setting for peaceful sleeping.
- Saves money in the long run with long lasting filters, and an energy-saving motor made in the USA.
- Easy Operation - Simple manual knob control gives you a choice of 3 fan speeds.
- Easy-Roll Casters - Large built-in wheels allow you to quickly and easily roll your air purifier from room to room for clean air throughout your home.
- Dimensions: 14.5" W x 14.5" D x 23" H.
- Weight: 33 lbs.
- Fan Speeds: 3.
- Fan Rating: Speed 1 - 75 CFM, Speed 2 - 200 CFM, Speed 3 - 400 CFM.
- Decibel Levels: Speed 1 - 39.8 dB, Speed 2 - 55 dB, Speed 3 - 64.5 dB.
- Energy Consumption: Speed 1 - 56 Watts, Speed 2 - 83 Watts, Speed 3 - 132 Watts.
- Power: 120 V / 60 Hz; 1.2 Amps, 135 Watts.
- Available in Sandstone, Black, White, Silver and Midnight Blue.