The IQAir GC MultiGas New Edition, introduced in September, 2012, has taken the #1 rated air purifier for multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and tobacco smoke to a new level of perfection. With its powerful new fan and improved filter designs, the GC MultiGas New Edition system produces up to 21% more clean air, while operating at an average of 32% quieter. The completely redesigned fan circulates more air at lower sound levels, despite the significantly higher airflow rates, and the new upgraded filter extends the life of the H11 HyperHEPA pre-filter up to 20% longer. Spend less on filter replacements while getting more clean air than ever before.
The IQAir GC MultiGas is the #1 rated air purifier for multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS) and tobacco smoke, and cleans an area up to 1,125 square feet. It features four gas filter cartridges filled with the highest-quality granulated carbon and alumina pellets impregnated with potassium permanganate. The GC MultiGas delivers an unequaled level of protection against gases, odors, chemicals, smoke, and particles.
IQAir GC MultiGas Applications:
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) such as Formaldehyde
- Tobacco smoke control
- Multiple chemical sensitivity
- Control of the following chemicals: Acetic acid, Acetone, Acrolein, Acrylonitrile, Benzene, 1.3 Butadiene, Butyric acid, Carbon disulfide, Chlorine dioxide, Cresol, Cyclohexanone, Diethylamine, Dimethylamine, Ethanol, Ethyl acetate, Ethyl acrylate, Ethylamine, Formaldehyde, Formic acid, Hydrogen chloride, Isoprene, Isopropanol, Methanol, Methyl acrylate, Methyl disulfide, Methyl ethyl ketone, Methyl mercaptan, Methyl sulfid, Methyl vinyl ketone, Methylamine, Nitroglycerine, Ozone, Phenol, Skatole, Styrene, Sulfur trioxide, Trichloroethylene, Tri hylamine, Trimethylamine, Vinyl chloride
Important Notice: 120V Model
- This air cleaner is safety tested and approved for the voltage requirements in the U.S., Canada and Mexico only.
- This air cleaner will be damaged if plugged into a 220-240V outlet.
- The use of a transformer or adaptor will not prevent the risk of damage.
- This product has no warranty coverage when used outside North America.
Best gas media for superior performance
The GC MultiGas is superior to other carbon-based filters due to the unique mix of gas-phase media. Starting with high quality activated bituminous-coal carbon, which is not the lower-cost, high-dust carbon from coconut shells that many others settle for. That's good news if you're allergic to coconut. IQAir uses only the highest grade, exceptionally porous bituminous coal for its activated carbon. And IQAir does not use zeolite, another less effective and less expensive filtration medium. The GC MultiGas features only the highest-quality adsorption media available. The superior activated carbon media in the GC MultiGas is blended with chemisorbers that target other volatile organic compounds in the air, including formaldehyde. IQAir activated carbon in the GC MultiGas system is complemented by pelletized aluminum oxide. The alumina pellets are impregnated with potassium permanganate, forming a powerful combination to protect you beyond activated carbon alone.
The best of both worlds
Some air purifiers claim to be effective against gases, and others against particles. But the IQAir GC MultiGas integrates the best of both technologies together into a single system that provides superior filtration of gases and particles. In addition to the four dedicated gas filter cartridges, the GC MultiGas also uses IQAir's H11 HEPA-Type Pre-Filter to deliver a minimum Total System Efficiency of 99% for particles 0.3 microns and larger, and 95% for ultrafine particles as small as 0.003 microns.
Safe technology and materials
The GC MultiGas offers the highest quality gas, chemical, odor, smoke, and particle filtration without using any unhealthy technologies such as ozone generation, ionization, ultraviolet radiation or chemicals. Precision engineered and made in Switzerland, it uses only the highest quality components, including non-off-gassing ABS plastics, which are long lasting, durable, and perfect for anyone with chemical sensitivities.
How it Works:
IQAir GC MultiGas New Edition Features and Benefits:
- H11 HyperHEPA Pre-Filter for Advanced Particle Filtration:
The powerful HEPA-type pre-filter is tested and certified to filter and eliminate allergens, smoke, bacteria, and viruses. Air is filtered with no ozone, no ions, no UV, no chemicals or any other unhealthy byproducts. The pre-filter also helps extend the life of the gas-phase media by preventing the gas control cartridges from clogging with particulates. This ensures that the gas cartridges are solely dedicated to gas, chemical, and odor removal.
- MultiGas Filter Cartridges:
The superior technology of four gas-phase filters contains 12 pounds of activated bituminous-coal carbon and alumina pellets. This unique blend of carbon and alumina impregnated with potassium permanganate works to clear the air of gases, chemicals, and odors. The gas cartridges work so effectively by combining two types of media - one that adsorbs odors and gases, and another that changes the pollutant to an oxidized form. Granular activated carbon adsorption eliminates volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are responsible for odors. Pelletized chemisorption destroys harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde by an oxidation process inside a chemically active alumina pellet.
- Post-Filter Sleeves:
The micro-charged post-filter sleeves surround the gas phase cartridges and prevent any media dust from being released into the air, while further improving overall system efficiency. The result: Only the cleanest air passes through the EvenFlow™ diffuser and into your home.
Advanced Electronic Control Panel:
- 100% Sealed Filtration
Unlike many other residential air purifiers, the GC MultiGas uses a patented "knife-edge seal" which eliminates all air leakage, and achieves a 100% completely sealed system throughout. This means that all the air that passes through the GC MultiGas is filtered and cleaned.
- Ultra-Quiet Design:
With its large fan motor, the IQAir GC MultiGas produces more clean air with less noise than conventional air purifiers. Unlike most air purifiers, which have the fan motor located after all filter stages, the GC MultiGas has the fan in the center, in-between its noise absorbing filters. In addition, the unique double-walled housing design reduces sound transmission. Eight rubber suspension pads isolate the fan motor and ensure that vibration is not transmitted to the housing.
- Red Label Fan for quieter and more efficient performance:
All IQAir Air Purifiers now ship with the new and improved "Red Label" fan, which features a revolutionary 7-blade design. The increased size and aerodynamic shape of the fan blades delivers a performance boost with increased energy efficiency, air delivery and quieter operation.
- No Air Drafts:
The GC MultiGas is designed to avoid annoying and noisy air drafts. The 320° EvenFlow™ Diffuser deflects sounds back into the system while evenly returning low turbulence, low velocity clean air to your room. The results are impressive - the GC MultiGas is suitable for even the most noise sensitive environments and is virtually inaudible at the lowest fan speed setting.
- Low Energy Consumption:
Even though it's extremely powerful, the GC MultiGas is also energy efficient. Using one of the most efficient fans in the industry ensures that your GC MultiGas costs only pennies per day to use.
- EN 1822 Tested & Certified:
Released in the year 2000, EN 1822 is the world's most advanced and stringent air filter standard for HEPA filters. IQAir's H11 GC HEPA Pre-Filter has been tested inside the IQAir housing by an independent filter testing laboratory (Filtech Laboratories, Switzerland). Many hospitals and high-tech manufacturers, such as Intel, already require their filter suppliers to supply them with EN 1822 certification.
- Certified Performance:
In an industry where most air purifiers don't actually meet their manufacturers' claims, IQAir tests and certifies each and every GC MultiGas. Each unit is tested for particle filtration efficiency, filter leakage and air delivery. Your GC MultiGas will arrive to you with a hand-signed certificate of performance so that you know the exact efficiency of your air cleaner (99% or better). That means every GC MultiGas has to filter out 99% of the pollutants in the air in order to arrive at your home.
- Swiss Quality:
IQAir air purifiers are precision engineered and built in a production facility in Switzerland to exacting standards. The IQAir factory uses only the finest components, and (much like a fine Swiss watch) great attention to detail is given to each system built.
- Five-Year Warranty:
The IQAir GC MultiGas is an investment in clean air for many years to come, and is covered for a full five (5) years against defects in parts and labor (excluding filters).
- Intelligent Filter Life Monitor: Ordinary air purifiers make you guess when to replace filters, or use a preset timer. The GC MultiGas intelligent filter life monitor takes actual use, speed settings and air quality conditions into account. This ensures maximum filter yield and performance. LED's also alert you when it's time to replace filters.
- Six Fan Speed Settings: Most air purifiers provide only two or three fan settings. You have to run the unit either on a quiet but ineffective fan speed, or choose a more powerful, but noisy speed. The GC MultiGas gives you the choice of up to six fan speeds, allowing you to select the ideal performance-to-sound ratio.
- Integrated Timer: Program the GC MultiGas to run automatically based on your lifestyle. Set the unit to run during office hours, or program it in your bedroom to go on after you have reached deep slumber.
- Remote Control: A sleek remote control is included to allow easy remote operation of the air purifier. Easily turn the unit on and off, select the fan speed and activate the timer from as far as 30 feet away.
The GC MultiGas comes complete with: Set of 3 Filters (GC HEPA Pre-Filter H11, GC Filter Cartridge Set (4 Gas Phase Cartridges), GC Post-Filter Sleeve Set (4 Post-Filter Sleeves), Remote Control (battery included), Set of 4 Casters, Owners Manual, 10 foot Power Cord, and Certificate of Guaranteed Performance.
* filter life can vary based on actual usage and pollution levels.
- GC HEPA Pre-Filter H11 (S) (F1): Large capacity pre-filter for control of coarse, fine & ultra-fine dust particles; protection of subsequent filters. Wet laid nonwoven glass microfiber HEPA filter, non-offgasing separators. Surface area: 32 sq ft. Efficiency: >99% efficient at 0.3 microns (EN 1822 class H11)
Average life: approx. 12 months (based on average usage of 10h on speed 3)*
- GC Filter Cartridge Set (F2): Set of 4 gas phase media cartridges for control of wide range of specific chemical substances and odors. 12 lbs granular activated carbon & alumina impregnated with potassium permanganate (AC/4 + IA/4).
Average life: approx. 2.5 years (based on average usage of 10h on speed 3)*
- GC Post-Filter Sleeve Set (F3): Set of 4 post-sleeves for control of fine and ultra-fine particulate matter. Electrostatically charged fiber. Surface area: 5.4 sq ft.
Average life: approx. 2.5 years (based on average usage of 10h on speed 3)*
GC MultiGas New Edition Technical Information and Specifications:
* per fan speed measured at 120V, 60Hz / tolerance: ± 10% (± 6 cfm); noise level tolerance: ± 3 dB(A).
- Maximum Air Delivery*:
260 300 cfm
- Air Delivery for all 6 fan speeds*:
35, 70, 110, 140, 170, 260 cfm
40, 75, 130, 170, 200, 300 cfm
- Noise Level for all 6 fan speeds:
43.6, 51.0, 58.0, 61.9, 64.6, 71.9 dB Sound Pressure/Power Level for all 6 fan speeds: 25/35, 36/46, 44/54, 50/60, 54/64, 59/69 dB(A)
- Dimensions: 15" W x 16" D x 28" H
- Weight (including filters): 44 lbs
- Power: 100-120 V, 50/60 Hz; 215 W
- Energy Consumption for all 6 fan speeds: 27, 53, 92, 121, 154, 215 Watt; Standby: <1 Watt
- Fan Motor: 700 cfm, 2750 rpm, centrifugal, backward curved, UL/CSA registered
- Control Panel: 4-key touch pad with 32 character LCD display
- Air intake: dual arches at base of unit
- Air outlet: 320° EvenFlow™ diffuser
- Color: Light grey/blue
- Housing Material: non-offgasing, impact-resistant, UV-stabilized ABS
- Model #: 1BB-UA0-DGU
More Information from IQAir [PDF]:
IQAir GC Series New Edition Technical Specifications
IQAir GC Series New Edition User's Manual
IQAir Residential Air Purifiers Sales Brochure