The Filtrete Room Air Conditioner Filter by 3M is more effective than ordinary foam room air conditioner filters, with electrostatically charged fibers that work like magnets to attract and capture the particles in your air. When your room air conditioner is cooling, or if your fan is running continuously, air circulates in your room and passes through your air filter. This easy to install cut-to-fit filter captures airborne particles including dust, pollen, mold, pet dander and smoke that pass through the filter for up to two months.
- Size: 15"x24" (360 sq in)
- 3M Performance Rating: 1000
- Contains: 1 cut-to-fit filter
- Filter Life: Up to 2 months
- 3M Part: 9808
Filtrete Room AC Filter Features:
- Easy cut-to-fit installation works with all room air conditioners.
- Electrostatic filter captures microscopic allergens such as dust and smoke particles.
- Also captures larger allergens such as mold spores, pet dander, and pollen.
This Filtrete filter should be replaced at least once every two months. Certain conditions in your home can significantly add particles to the air causing the filter to capture more particles than usual. This will shorten the filter life to less than two months and reduce the effectiveness of the filter to capture particles. These conditions include: Dirty Ductwork, Construction Work, Sanding Projects, Pets, Burning Candles, Tobacco Smoke and Fireplace/Wood-Burning Stove Smoke. In addition, running your furnace or air conditioning fan continuously will help clean the air in your home but could further shorten the life of the filter. So, if you use a Filtrete filter under these conditions, it could begin to restrict airflow. In these cases, change the filter more frequently.